All The Reasons Why Veneers Are A Must!
Having that perfect smile can be quite the reward and a beautiful smile does not have to cost a fortune! Thanks to veneers, cosmetic dentistry has changed dramatically and has become more popular throughout the years. Dental veneers are popular as they require low maintenance and very little changes to the existing teeth. Only good oral hygiene maintenance is needed (unless chipping occurs) once treatment is finished.
So what exactly are veneers?
Veneers are ceramic (generally made of porcelain) ultra-thing shells which are fitted onto the front of the existing teeth. Due to the simplicity of the procedure, veneer treatment requires little to no anesthesia. Porcelain veneers are durable and long-lasting of up to 10-20 years and require very little maintenance.
The overall treatment of veneers is composed of 3 visits.
- 1st Visit- Initial consultation for a smile assessment and discuss options and desired result.
- 2nd Visit- Preparation begins with filing of teeth (when needed) and impressions are taken in order to prepare the permanent veneers.
- 3rd Visit- Involves fitting / installation of veneers.
Cosmetic veneers are now very affordable and are nowadays used to address a vast variety of dental issues including:
- Malformed teeth – Broken, chipped or severely worn teeth can be resolved with veneers.
- Discoloured teeth– Properties within veneer materials can completely hide the discolouration of teeth.
- Teeth gaps – Individuals with irregular gaps between their teeth can undergo veneer treatment where gaps are filled and give teeth a natural spaced smile.
- Crooked teeth- Teeth with irregular shapes , are slightly crooked or improperly positioned can be adjusted with the help of veneers.
The result of veneers are amazing and patients are left overjoyed and thrilled with a Hollywood smile!
At VIP Dental Clinic, we offer high quality and long lasting porcelain veneers designed and made here in Australia. Call us on 02 9531 1312 to organise a consultation appointment for a beautiful smile! Alternatively, you can book an appointment via our bookings page.