How do dental treatments improve Sleep Apnoea?Sleep apnoea (snoring) can have a devastating effect on your health (increased risk of heart attack, diabetes and stroke among others), your work and your relationships. Sleep apnoea is a condition when your airway collapses and prevents air from getting to your lungs, usually when you are sleeping. You stop breathing momentarily, which causes sleep disturbances and puts a strain on your heart.
If you snore, experience gasping or choking during your sleep and wake up feeling tired, fatigued or irritable, without energy or have morning headaches, you may be suffering from sleep apnoea.
We conduct sleep studies using the most advanced non-invasive technology currently available in the market. This technology allows us to measure and record the changes in your nervous system and characteristics of your sleep (e.g., periods of deep sleep and light sleep among others), in the privacy and comfort of your own bedroom. We use this data to diagnose your sleep patterns and profile and identify suitability for treatment.
We treat your sleep apnoea (snoring) by adjusting the movement of your jaw, which in turn opens your airway to help you breath easily and sleep restfully.
We offer you:
- A comprehensive examination and review of your medical history and individual circumstances including your sleep condition history
- A comprehensive dental examination including an assessment of your neck and head
- A polysomnography (PSG) study using a WatchPATTM technology to diagnose your sleep profile and identify your suitability for treatment
- Digital radiology imaging at our Clinic premises: Orthopantomogram (OPG), Cephalometric, Sinus Radiology, 3D Cone Beam Volumetric Tomography and Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ). Assessment and reporting by registered Radiologist.
- Preparation of a treatment plan with options available to suit your sleeping profile and individual circumstances and proposed schedule of visits to monitor the performance of the treatment adopted
- A hard impression of your mouth (model) and your bite registration. In the process of obtaining your bite registration, we recognise the role of the sympatic nervous system in stimulating the body’s responses. We use the microTENS® technology to calm and reduce the stress of the muscles around the neck, the jaw and airways to determine the most comfortable and healthy position for your oral appliance
- A Mandibular Advancement Splint fitted with DentiTract and induction on the use of this device
- Monitoring of your progress and adjustment of the Mandibular Advancement Splint if required
- TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration) approved dental supplies and products
Would you like a professional opinion? BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Values | Innovation | Professionalism
Our Commitment to you
We are committed to provide dental services in the most friendly, diligent and transparent manner within a framework of ethics, safety and quality. Patient satisfaction is our priority. Values | Innovation | Professionalism
Our Mission and GoalTo provide a ‘better than excellent’ service to our patients and stakeholders; patient satisfaction is our ‘number one commitment’. To achieve this, we:
- Work under strict requirements of safety, quality and environment with strong emphasis on infection prevention and control, management of private and confidential medical records and staff training and development.
- Act ethically, honestly and transparently within the legislation framework. Our team is bounded by the Company’s policies and procedures including standards of behaviour and confidentiality agreements and all legislation associated with the performance of our duties.
- Promote continuous improvement and introduce innovation and technology in everything we do. Every member of our team is provided with opportunities to learn and advance professionally.
- Promote a work culture based on mutual respect, dignity and equal opportunity for all. We enjoy a safe, respectful and courteous working environment free of discrimination.