Get sugar savvy in 2020!
In 2020, Dental Health Week will be on 3 – 9 August.
Dental Health Week 2020
Dental Health Week is here to inform Australians about the importance of maintaining good oral health by promoting four key messages:
- Brushing thoroughly at least twice a day with a fluoride-containing toothpaste.
- Flossing the hard-to-reach areas between your teeth daily.
- Keeping a healthy, balanced diet and limiting sugary and acidic food and beverage consumption.
- Visiting the dentist regularly for check-ups and preventive care.
Be Sugar-Smart in the Supermarket
For Dental Health Week, your Miranda dentist is focused on the harmful effects of sugar on one’s oral health, aiming to help Australians to ‘get sugar savvy’.
This includes recommended daily sugar consumption levels, advice on checking food labels, and spells out the effect sugar has on our teeth.
- Avoid consuming foods and beverages with added sugars.
- Choose foods with less than 10g of sugar per 100g.
- Look out for hidden sugars when buying foods and drinks.
How much sugar is hiding in your trolley?
Going grocery shopping? Check your trolley for items high in sugar.
Making healthy choices while grocery shopping means making similar smart food and drink choices at home.
Not buying an unhealthy food item in the supermarket means you don’t have to continue saying ‘no’ at home.
Reality check! The oral health of many Australians is not near where it should be.
- Below 50% of Australian adults have had a dental check-up in the last 12 months.
- 53% of Australians brush their teeth only once a day.
- Almost 40% of Australians never floss or clean between their teeth.
- 73% of young people are consuming too much sugar.
- 47% of adults are consuming too much sugar.
There are many different ways to access sugar information as part of Dental Health Week this year. Contact us today to learn more.
A visit to VIP Dental Clinic Miranda is great for one-on-one advice where your questions can be answered by your Miranda dentist.
Excellent Dental Health in Miranda
Smile better with durable and long-lasting dental implants at VIP Dental Clinic Miranda.
We use high-quality equipment to make and style our dental restorations.
We have flexible hours during the week and also open every Saturday. We will also do our best to see you on the same day if you have an emergency.
We’re looking forward to seeing you at VIP Dental Clinic Miranda.