Sleep Apnoea Treatment Miranda
If you snore, experience gasping or choking during your sleep and wake up feeling tired, fatigued or irritable, without energy or have morning headaches, you may be suffering from sleep apnoea.
Sleep apnoea (snoring) can have a devastating effect on your health (increased risk of heart attack, diabetes and stroke among others), your work and your relationships.
Sleep apnoea is a condition when your airway collapses and prevents air from getting to your lungs, usually when you are sleeping. You stop breathing momentarily, which causes sleep disturbances and puts a strain on your heart.
We conduct sleep studies using the most advanced non-invasive technology currently available in the market.
This technology allows us to measure and record the changes in your nervous system and characteristics of your sleep, in the privacy and comfort of your own bedroom.
We use this data to diagnose your sleep patterns and profile and identify suitability for treatment.
At VIP Dental Clinic Miranda, we treat your sleep apnoea (snoring) by adjusting the movement of your jaw, which in turn opens your airway to help you breathe easily and sleep restfully.
We offer you:
- Comprehensive examination and review of your medical history and individual circumstances including your sleep condition history
- Comprehensive dental examination including an assessment of your neck and head
- Polysomnography (PSG) study using a WatchPATTM technology to diagnose your sleep profile and identify your suitability for treatment
- Digital radiology imaging at our Clinic premises: Orthopantomogram (OPG), Cephalometric, Sinus Radiology, 3D Cone Beam Volumetric Tomography and Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ). Assessment and reporting by registered Radiologist.
- Preparation of a treatment plan with options available to suit your sleeping profile and individual circumstances and proposed schedule of visits to monitor the performance of the treatment adopted
- A hard impression of your mouth (model) and your bite registration. In the process of obtaining your bite registration, we recognise the role of the sympatic nervous system in stimulating the body’s responses. We use the microTENS® technology to calm and reduce the stress of the muscles around the neck, the jaw and airways to determine the most comfortable and healthy position for your oral appliance
- A Mandibular Advancement Splint fitted with DentiTract and induction on the use of this device
- Monitoring of your progress and adjustment of the Mandibular Advancement Splint if required
- TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration) approved dental supplies and products
Sleep Apnoea Treatment in Miranda
At VIP Dental Clinic Miranda, patients with sleep apnoea will undergo a comprehensive examination and review of medical history and individual circumstances. This includes the sleep condition history to ensure that the correct diagnosis and treatment plan is performed.
Consult with your Miranda dentist today!
Sleep Apnoea Treatment in Miranda
We are located at 11/468-472 Kingsway in Miranda.
Frequently Asked Questions
Listed below are the most commonly asked questions we receive from our patients.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.