Stress-Free Dental Care for Anxious Patients
Qualified Candidate for Sleep Dentistry
- Dislike visiting the dentist due to past experiences
- You have a low pain tolerance
Your Miranda dentist is the person best equipped to help you decide whether or not sleep dentistry is the best option for you. If it has been a while since you’ve seen your dentist, call us today and ask if you’re a suitable candidate for dental sedation.
Intravenous Sedation in Miranda
How Does IV Sedation Work
Why Choose IV Sedation
For patients who fear needles, the dentist, or procedures in general, IV sedation can be a viable option.
IV sedation is a good option for these reasons:
- During the procedure, you won’t know what’s going on around you, and you won’t be concerned.
- You are still able to respond to your dentist’s requests and questions.
- Sedation takes effect quickly and can be adjusted to suit your needs.
- Any issues you may have with gagging are reduced while on sedation.
- You’re more deeply sedated than with oral or inhaled sedation, which is good if you have extreme phobias or anxiety.
What are the Alternatives to Sleep Dentistry?
For some patients, we may not recommend sleep dentistry, either because they aren’t suitable candidates or because a different alternative would be better suited to their needs. Some of the alternatives include:
Access the Dental Care You Need, Fear-Free
If you have any kind of fear of visiting the dentist, discuss your sedation options with your Miranda dentist. They will take your medical history and ask you a few questions to determine if you have any risk factors. To find out more about sleep dentistry and intravenous sedation in Miranda and whether it could benefit you, call us on (02) 8381 0333 or book your appointment online. We are located at 11/468-472 Kingsway in Miranda.