Tooth Fillings Miranda
Cavities can cause damage to teeth. Tooth fillings are one way to address them.
If these problems are ignored, tooth decay can cause substantial damage to teeth.
Once tooth decay is diagnosed, the diseased tooth portion is removed.
The diseased tooth portion that was removed can be replaced with a tooth filling to maintain the tooth’s structural integrity.
At VIP Dental Clinic Miranda, we provide restorative services, including tooth fillings or restorations.
If we spot a tooth decay that needs to be filled, we can talk through all the available options and see if tooth fillings could work for you.
Tooth fillings restore the natural appearance of the tooth and are mercury-free as mercury is viewed by some as being toxic.
They require less removal of tooth enamel, especially with new cavities, as the size of the hole made for the filling can be smaller with tooth fillings.
Advantages of Tooth Fillings
Some advantages of tooth fillings include:
- They can be placed chairside in one appointment.
- They bond with the natural tooth structure, which often allows the tooth preparation to be more conservative than amalgam restorations.
- Can be matched to the colour of your natural tooth as to mimic the look and shade of natural teeth.
Reasons for Placing Tooth Fillings
Tooth fillings are used to address the following dental problems:
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Worn teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Decayed teeth
- Small gaps between two teeth
The Tooth Filling Procedure
Before any filling procedure, your Miranda dentist will talk to you about your options to determine which type of filling would be best suited and how to plan for them.
At your visit, local anaesthesia will be administered in the area to numb the tooth and surrounding structures.
The decay will then be removed. Once the healthy and strong tooth structure remains, the cavity is disinfected and dried before filling material is placed. Your Miranda dentist will shape and cure the filling to harden it before checking your bite and ensuring it is comfortable.
Preventing Tooth Decay and the Need for Tooth Fillings
Preventive care is key! We recommend the following tips:
- Brush twice a day, ensuring you are spending 2 minutes and cleaning all surfaces of your teeth well.
- Floss daily to remove plaque from between the teeth.
- Regular professional hygiene care. Frequency of these visits is determined on an individual case basis.
- Avoid sugary foods and drinks that increase your risk of developing cavities.
- Use fluoride- or xylitol-containing toothpaste.
- Visit your Miranda dentist twice a year.
Tooth Fillings in Miranda
Whatever the situation is, the best way to determine whether tooth fillings are right for you is to schedule a dental consultation.
Don’t let minor decay lead to damage of your entire tooth. Treat decay immediately with our high-quality tooth fillings for added protection and restoration of your precious teeth.
Tooth Fillings in Miranda
We are located at 11/468-472 Kingsway in Miranda.
Frequently Asked Questions
Listed below are the most commonly asked questions we receive from our patients.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.